Call: (413) 737-6387Request Appointment
Dr. Gary, Dr. Leo, Dr. Cole, and Dr. Betsy are all graduates of the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. The doctors all share a common practice philosophy:
- Our doctors see only one patient at a time and avoid double booking appointments. Our doctors never engage in simultaneous treatment in separate treatment rooms. This provides you, our patient, with individualized care without distraction.
- Each appointment has extra time built into it so that if you have additional concerns or questions, we can handle them without time constraints.
- We love treating children, and are always careful to make their dental experiences with us positive. We realize that one bad dental experience stays with a person for a lifetime.
- While we offer comprehensive dentistry, we will never pressure our patients to accept treatment outside of their expectations or comfort zone. We don't sell dentistry. We simply help our patients.
- We have a strong commitment to technology and realize it is an integral part to providing the finest treatment. We focus on dental technology that is minimally invasive and increases the quality of care for our patients.
- We offer complimentary second opinions for those who are not patients of our practice.
- We do not have a rigid practice format. If you like to see one of our hygienists or one of our doctors for a particular concern, you can make your first appointment with either.
Dr. Gary Archambault grew up in nearby Chicopee, MA. As an undergraduate, Dr. Gary Archambault was a microbiology major. His particular interest was the study of bacteria and viruses and the role in infections and transmissability.
Dr. Archambault went to Tuft University School of Dental Medicine receiving his D.M.D. degree. Upon graduation he served as a volunteer general dentist at the Belchertown State School in addition to entering private practice.
He is particularly interested in minimally-invasive dental technologies. He worked with Kreativ Corporation developing dental protocols and an educational format for other dentists. Consequently, he became a dental educator teaching other dentists minimally-invasive dental techniques. Dr. Archambault also got involved with Schick Dental Technologies aiding in the development of digital radiography. Dr. Archambault remains active with his alma mater, Tufts University, and speaks at and participates in their doctor/dental student mentoring program.
Dr. Leo Hood grew up in East Longmeadow, MA. He attended American International College, where he studied Chemistry.
Dr. Hood graduated with academic honors from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine. After dental school, Dr. Hood served with the United States Public Health Service, providing care to individuals in an economically depressed area of Arkansas.
Dr. Hood joined the practice in 1983 and has been beloved by his patients ever since.
When not at the Elm Street dental practice, Dr. Hood enjoys cooking, golfing, and spending time with family.
Dr. Cole Archambault grew up here in West Springfield. After high school, Cole moved to Boston to begin his 8 years of training. Cole earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the Tufts University School of Arts and Sciences and his Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree from the Tufts University School of Dental Medicine.
During his undergraduate studies, Cole studied the causes of severe tooth decay in small children. He served as the editor-in-chief for the undergraduate bioethics journal, which published his article “An Exploration of Dental Health Disparities in America.”
Cole’s recent training in endodontics and oral surgery has allowed the practice to treat more specialty conditions right here in our office.
Betsy Boig grew up in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and graduated summa cum laude with a B.A. in Spanish from Lehigh University. She earned her D.M.D. from Tufts University in 2014 where she met Cole Archambault and they became lifelong friends. Betsy was chosen by her professors to receive the Academy of General Dentistry Senior Student Dental Award for her ability to foster and maintain trusting, positive relationships with patients.
Betsy is passionate about delivering the highest quality of care and focusing on the comfort and interests of her patients. She has completed two Spear continuing education courses on treatment planning and occlusion, as well as a mini-residency in geriatric dentistry. She knows that when she became a dentist she made a promise to her patients to learn the newest technologies, procedures and materials and she genuinely enjoys doing so. She is a member of the American Dental Association, Massachusetts Dental Society, and Valley District Dental Society.
Betsy lives in Connecticut with her boyfriend and their beautiful boxer pitbull, Josie. She loves to play tennis, travel and spend time with friends and family.